MachineMuse’s Modular Powersuits is a mod based around the idea of an inventor who tinkers with high-tech electronics and makes a suit of powered armor chock-full of useful gadgets and features. Inspired by heroes like Iron Man, Megaman, and Samus Aran, as well as by the high-tech armor in mods like EE2 and IC2.
To start off with, you’ll need a Tinker Table and at least one Powersuit item – the helmet, torso, legs, boots, or tool. The Powersuit items are useless on their own, but when you access a tinker table, it will list the modules you can put in that item, and tell you the component cost.
- Pressing K any time lets you set up keyboard shortcuts to disable/enable your Powersuit/Power Tools functions.
- If your weight exceeds 25kg, your movement (horizontal as well as upwards) will be slowed proportionally. You can compensate using one of the movement modules, such as Sprint Assist.
- Salvaging carries a 10% chance of losing each component (not the whole armor piece, just the items that went into the module)
- Can be used on its own (using capacitors as disposable batteries), or with Universal Electricity or IndustrialCraft 2.
- Space to use jetpack. Shift to use gliding wings and/or parachute.
- The armor and Tinker Table are each useless on their own. You need at least one Powersuit item and a tinker table to install modules in it. Bears repeating.
The Power Armor Tinker Table is one of the fundamental items of Modular Powersuits.